The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is looking to hire an enthusiastic, self-directed and organized individual for 8 weeks during the summer months. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 (as per funding agreement). This role will be dynamic and fast-paced, with the opportunity to hone and further develop a variety of skill sets, including but not limited to, marketing, content creation, strategic planning, event coordination, website development, membership engagement, social media planning, etc. The successful candidate must be a strong writer, able to identify opportunities, bring ideas to the team and follow through on tasks and projects. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be a valued member of a small team by supporting the implementation of the organizational strategy. If you are not afraid to ask questions, work independently and collaboratively, are self-directed and self-motivated, have a keen interest in marketing and communications and a positive attitude, we want to meet you!
· Social media content development
· Content writing for the web
· Blogging (curated and branded content)
· Support implementation of the strategic plan for the Chamber
· Event planning and coordination
· Updating Membership database and member relations
· Development of membership engagement materials and programs
· Support the planning of fall events including the Excellence in Business Awards, luncheons and Business After Hours
Email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume to apply today. Applications deadline is May 3, 2019.