Since its introduction in 1997, Celtic Colours has grown to become one of Canada’s premiere musical events, and a cultural highlight of Nova Scotia’s tourism season, collecting accolades from regional music awards to national and international tourism awards. For nine days in October, Cape Breton Island is home to a unique celebration of music and culture as the Celtic Colours International Festival presents dozens of concerts all over the island, an extensive line-up of community events, and a nightly Festival Club.
Celtic Colours International Festival is seeking a competent and motivated person for the position of Ticketing & Merchandising Administrative Assistant. The successful applicant must have a passion for people, music and Cape Breton Island.
- Previous customer service experience
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Cape Breton Island’s geography and culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in the use of computers
- Detail oriented
- Previous experience in ticketing considered an asset
The Ticketing and Merchandising Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily administrative tasks in the Box Office. The overall responsibility is the execution and efficient operation of ticketing, merchandising, marketing and customer engagement.
The responsibilities of the Ticketing and Merchandising Administrative Assistant will include operation of the ticketing system for sales, customer service and general inquiries, maintaining inventory of merchandise and office supplies, maintaining filing systems, assisting in distribution of marketing materials, providing administrative support to the Sales Manager, Marketing Director and other staff.
This position is a term position that is variable in nature depending on the requirements of the organization in any given season. The Ticketing and Merchandising Administrative Assistant reports to the Sales Manager.
- Using specialized software for sales of tickets and merchandise
- Processing financial transactions
- Sorting and organizing mass mail-outs and will-call tickets.
- Providing information and customer support to patrons about festival programming and pricing
- Answering customer inquiries over the phone, in person and via email
- Providing travel and logistical information as well as directing patrons to appropriate aids and partners to assist in travel plans
- Providing in person support at sales wicket and on-site at venues as required
- Maintaining filing systems for tickets, vouchers, gift certificates, giveaways, etc.
- Assisting in collection and analysis of patron data for final reports
- Assisting Marketing Director in execution of marketing strategies and programs
- Providing administrative support to the Sales Manager, Marketing Director and other staff members
- Successful applicant must be willing to work extended hours during the festival and as needed throughout the season
- $15/hr for 35 hrs/week on average (hours may fluctuate based on needs)
- How to apply:
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com