Halifax Transit is looking for a Research Assistant to assist with conducting research and analysis in a number of areas related to the Transit Healthy Workplace Strategy, working closely with the Healthy Workplace Coordinator and Healthy Workplace Committee. Specific areas could include mental health, healthy eating, physical activity, safety and healthy physical environments. In addition, he/she may conduct research and analysis in support of other areas within Resource Support and Development, such as related to collective bargaining processes.
Education and Experience
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program at a post-secondary institution, in one of the following areas: health promotion, human resources management or a related field.
- Must be registered in a co-operative education program.
- Experience– either through coursework, volunteer work or paid work experience– in conducting research activities is required.
- Experience conducting statistical analysis is considered an asset.
Knowledge and Expertise
- Research methods
- Data analysis methodologies
- MS Office suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
In addition to specific experience and knowledge necessary for the job, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated strength in, but not limited to, the following HRM competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Achievement Motivation
- Customer Service
- Values & Ethics
- Valuing Diversity
- Teamwork & Cooperation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Healthy Workplace Coordinator and Healthy Workplace Committee with conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
- Designs and develops research tools such as survey questionnaires, key informant interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Conducts literature reviews and online research.
- Analyzes research findings, conducting statistical analysis and/or content analysis to identify key themes and issues.
- Prepares research summaries, reporting on research methodologies, findings and key themes.
- Participates in the development of recommendations related to research findings.
- 35 Hours Per Week, Monday to Friday at the Ragged Lake Transit Centre (80 Grassy Lake Drive). Travel to other Transit sites may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send resume and cover letter to Emily Berrigan, Healthy Workplace Coordinator at email@example.com
- Applications will be accepted until August 1st, 2016.