As one of North America’s leading electricity producers, Ontario Power Generation offers challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value – and where you can realize your personal and professional goals.
JOB TITLE: Webpage publishing, Arts, Business, Teaching, Journalism and Communications Co-op or Developmental Student – Summer 2017
LOCATION: Pickering, Ontario
EDUCATION LEVEL: Minimum completion of first year
TRAVEL: No Travel
We are excited to offer a student placement in our Training, Planning, and Design Department, which is located in Pickering, Ontario, approximately 40 kilometres East from Toronto, Ontario.
We are searching for an enthusiastic Information Technology (Web Publishing, Graphic Design), Web-Based Application Development, Communications, and/or Journalism student who has completed a minimum of one year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
We hire dozens of students each term, and we work hard to keep them challenged and provide learning opportunities. In fact, many of our students return for a second term because the OPG experience is so valuable. So tell us what areas you’re interested in and we’ll tell you what you can accomplish in the months you’re with us, while you enjoy networking with your peers in a flex-time and business-casual work environment!
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong technical experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Problem solving & critical thinking
- Contact and work with 3rd party software manufacturers/vendors when required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent English written and communication skills (French would be an asset)
- Understand the user’s technical issue/requirement
- Adherence to deadlines
- Willing to provide solutions that are complete and meet the requirements
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Publishing on-line (eLearning) courses using various industry standard software
- Providing front line phone support for OPG’s eLearning environment
- Developing web-based training content using various tools including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Web-based application development tools (Microsoft PowerPoint, Articulate StoryLine)
- Communication and customer support
- Working in a team environment
- Enhanced time management/organizational skills
- Enhanced communication (verbal and written) skills
Applicants must meet the Co-op Program requirements for their degree. For further information, contact Carly Turnbull: CBU Student Placement Officers.
All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
To Apply: on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com, no later than midnight, December 20, 2016.
- OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts.
- If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
- You must be eligible to work in Canada.
- OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity.