As the Human Resources Intern at Cabot, your primary responsibility is to meet and assist both employees and guests courteously and efficiently by giving a warm welcome, handling requests efficiently and exceeding their expectations. Responsibilities will include all administrative tasks related to Human Resources.
- Enrolled in University/College and working toward a degree in Commerce with an interest in Human Resources Management
- Ability to develop and encourage an open, stimulating and trusting environment that reflects our Company Mission, Brand Promise and Values
- Highly responsible and able to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Professional telephone manner and demeanor with a natural response to ‘smile’ on the phone
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist the Human Resources Department in the day-to-day operation of the department as required
- Assist with recruitment functions, including posting positions, screening resumes, contacting applicants, and scheduling interviews
- Assist with assembling new employee packages
- Assist with employee orientation sessions (First Season Orientation and Returning Staff Orientation)
- Foster and promote positive employee relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust and mutual respect
- Ensure the Human Resources department complies with all corporate, regional and hotel policies and procedures; and governmental regulations pertaining to all employees
- Handle the calendar and administration assistance for the Human Resources Leaders
- Schedule and arrange appointments as required
- Prioritize all telephone calls and in-person external and internal visitors
- Handle purchase requisitions, expense reports as necessary
- Compose correspondence for the HR Department, such as letters, contracts, etc.
- Support internal HR projects, tracking necessary action and updating reports as progress is made
- Filing employee records
- Handle all office administration duties such as faxes, mail, phones, photocopying, office supplies
- Assist with and support employee events as appropriate, such as leadership meetings, employee receptions and events
- Prepare Offer Letters and change letters for internal promotions and transfers
- Manage the Human Resources Information System ensuring data integrity and proper documentation (adding new employees, salary, designation changes)
- Manage Personnel Action Forms, ensuring accuracy with regards to promotions and salary changes
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and service standards
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management
The length of the term is anticipated to be from September 5 until December 22, 2017.
- Application deadline: August 1, 2017.
- To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
If you would like more information on how you could apply for this position as a CBU Co-op Option and earn 3 credits toward your degree, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer Jennifer Currie.