Cabot’s corporate accounting department is offering a paid student internship. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training.
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University, with a major in Accounting. Junior or Senior level
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Cash management including
- Reviewing daily cash drops by department
- Reconciling nightly credit card settlements to bank deposits
- Bank deposits
- Bank withdraws
- Float management
- Accounting for tips
- Office administration work
- Entering expenses into accounting system in a timely and accurate fashion
- Liaising with department heads where there are discrepancies in payments
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and service standards
The length of the term is anticipated to be from September 5 until December 22, 2017.
- Application deadline: August 1, 2017.
- To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information on how you could apply for this position as a CBU Co-op Option and earn 3 credits toward your degree, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer Jennifer Currie.