ABOUT U SPORTS
U SPORTS is the national brand for University Sports in Canada. Every year, over 14,000 student-athletes and 700 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 national championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides higher performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at Winter and Summer Universiades, as well as numerous world university championships.
The objective of the U SPORTS Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in collegiate / university programs with concrete experience of what it is like to work in the Canadian sport industry. Students will get hands on experience working in the different sectors of U SPORTS. Opportunities to complete challenging, yet rewarding assignments will be provided. It is the goal of the National Office that once students complete their internships, they leave with a better understanding of Collegiate Sport in Canada, develop the necessary skills to work in the industry, and feel as though they have left their mark on the U SPORTS organization.
Selected candidates will develop essential skills and gain valuable experience in one or
more of the following areas, with the aim to prepare them for a successful career in sport:
• Corporate partnership and relationship management
• Sponsorship Servicing
• Campaign Coordination
• Brand Management
• Pre-Event Promotional Planning
• General administrative support for Revenue Generation Department / Marketing
and Brand Department.
• Assisting and supporting through partner research, sales deck preparation,
supporting collateral, and developing marketing collateral
• Supporting in the planning process for U SPORTS marketing campaigns, including
promotion of National Championships
• Inventory management of branding materials and partner assets
• Assisting with preparation, logistics and execution of brand and partner
requirements for various U SPORTS properties
• Ensuring sponsor deliverables are met and expectations are exceeded
• Ensuring U SPORTS brand standards are upheld
• Other tasks upon request
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Megan Ringer, for details. Megan_Ringer@cbu.ca