This position is a mix of corporate and community marketing work. Working within Destination Membertou and the Membertou community, this position gives the qualified candidate a look into destination marketing, event planning and program coordination in relation to tourism. Our department also works with the various internal departments, along with many external organizations in the field.
The main objectives for this work term include successfully executing and promoting an e-commerce initiative, the coordination of the Destination Membertou Summer Cruiser program, social media posting, as well as the project management of various marketing materials for business promotion including print materials, special event planning, and product development.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent marketing skills including social media (Instagram and Facebook)
- Enthusiastic and outgoing individual with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Strong work ethic
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- General office environment. Considerable stress may occur at times. Some lifting of up to 20 pounds required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Summer cruiser program coordination – coordinate the summer student program promoting Destination Membertou around the CBRM region during the summer months. This includes, hiring and supervision of students, coordinating and scheduling of the summer students hours of work, location of events to visit, ordering of promotional materials, maintaining bi-weekly time sheets of summer students.
- Membertou Apparel- promote and build brand awareness of Membertou’s clothing line through e-commerce and social media.
- Social media content – assist Marketing Officer in managing graphic design projects. This includes gathering content, assigning deadlines and quoting materials for print.
- Special Events – Provide support for corporate events, including media, video, and grand openings, that may happen during the work term.
- Research – General information requests.
Dates: May-August 2019
Location: Membertou, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Salary: $15/hr for 37.5 hours/ wk
Closing Date: 3rd April 2019 12:00
Please forward Cover Letter and Resume to Student Placement Officer, Megan Ringer Megan_Ringer@cbu.ca