** Please note that this position is pending funding approval **
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
Cabot Links is looking to recruit a talented Marketing and Communications Intern that will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of marketing functions via on-the-job training. As the Marketing and Communications Intern, this position will take the lead in social media, marketing related measures, and ensure that all relevant documentation is current and accurate.
• Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program perusing a degree/diploma in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Public Relations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to shift priorities as required
• Resourceful, detail-oriented and solutions-driven
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a larger team
• Previous experience working in social content development is an asset
• Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
• Team-oriented approach
• Ability & willingness to take initiative
• Familiarity/interest in the golf industry
• Familiarity/interest in tourism and hospitality industry
• Write and execute social media posts
• Analyze and report on social media tactics
• Take photos & videos of the courses and resort activity (with DSLR and Drone)
• Edit photos and videos for use in social media & digital campaigns
• Assist with website maintenance
• Write blog posts for the Cabot Links website
• Design ads for community-related events
• Design materials for internal communication
• Monitor media for Cabot-related news
• Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
• Adhere to all policies, procedures and service standards
Title: Marketing and Communications Intern
Reports to: Digital Brand Manager
Location: 18 Cabot Lane, Inverness, NS, B0E 1N0
Job Type: Full-time Seasonal (May-August)
This is a Co-op position. If you are interested in the co-op program, please contact Shannon_Garnier@cbu.ca.