- 3rd or 4th year university student with a Marketing or Business designation returning to school after work term
- Experience in marketing, sales or another customer-focused function would be an asset
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong project management, analytical, time management skills and a solid proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with database programs and IS systems is an asset
- The ability to conduct business effectively in both English and French is an asset
- A valid driver’s license and a safe driving record are requirements for this position
The Marketing team is responsible for developing and executing marketing activities that support our business objectives.
In this position, you will be assigned projects in support of Imperial Oil’s Marketing team. You will contribute directly to support, improve or lead marketing initiatives. You will work with our agencies and business partners.
You will interface with one or more of the following teams: Brand Wholesale Sales, Esso Branded Reseller Sales, Field Marketing, Sponsorship Advisor, Imperial territory managers and key 3rd party vendors. You will develop your marketing, communications, influencing and analytical skills in this role.
Start date: January 6, 2020
Work term: 8-month position for Co-op or Internship apply to the company directly via the link.
Location: Calgary, AB
- You will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced employees during your work term
- Imperial supports and promotes a learning environment for all of our students, to utilize your current skills and develop new ones
- You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, highly technical and professional work environment
- Term relocation assistance is available for those who qualify
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
Our fuels business involves managing the distribution, marketing and retailing of Esso-branded fuels to a variety of customer segments across Canada. Our lubricants business handles the manufacturing, distribution, marketing, sales and engineering support of world-class oils and greases including Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil across Canada.
No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: October 6, 2019