ABOUT U SPORTS
U SPORTS is the national brand for University Sports in Canada. Every year, over 14,000 student-athletes and 700 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 national championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides higher performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at Winter and Summer Universiades, as well as numerous world university championships.
The objective of the U SPORTS Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in collegiate / university programs with concrete experience of what it is like to work in the Canadian sport industry. Students will get hands on experience working in the different sectors of U SPORTS. Opportunities to complete challenging, yet rewarding assignments will be provided. It is the goal of the National Office that once students complete their internships, they leave with a better understanding of Collegiate Sport in Canada, develop the necessary skills to work in the industry, and feel as though they have left their mark on the U SPORTS organization.
• Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related field: Merchandising, Marketing, Sport Management, Business Administration or related undergraduate programs.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize appropriately in a fast paced environment.
• Be administratively organized and detail oriented.
• Creative and out of the box thinker.
• Strong team player with ability to work independently.
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
• Computer savvy, including all Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Quick study and willingness to learn.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
• Travel may be required.
• Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System is an asset.
• Assist in promotional planning, buying and other key aspects of our e-commerce including promotional product selection; placing orders with suppliers
• Source and provide product recommendations for sponsor gifting
• Communicate with key suppliers and partners for merchandise related requests (e.g. Adidas)
• Maintain current customer and vendor catalogue files
• Provide administrative support including the following:
o Purchase orders, invoicing, photocopying or other administrative duties as assigned
International Programs Preparation:
• Maintaining and organizing of accreditation filing system
• Assisting with processing of all accreditation information for Team Canada
• Preparing of accreditation binders for on-site Games use
Media Guide/ Website:
• Assisting with inputting of all required photos, data and team rosters into online
• Assisting with the creation of overall Team Canada schedule for website
Mission Staff Operations and Travel:
• Updating welcome letters for selected mission and medical staff members
• Maintaining mission staff and NSO email address lists in shared email contacts groups
• Assisting with preparation of mission staff meeting materials
• Assisting with mission staff travel bookings
• Assisting in preparation of all cell phones and SIM cards for cargo
• Assisting with inventory/packing/labeling of cargo
• Assisting with inventory of all uniform items
• Participating in Pick’n Pack Day and assist in distribution of uniforms packages
• Completing updates to Policies and Procedures Manual and Emergency Action
Plan as directed by Manager, Sport & International Programs
• Updating and preparing all required on-site documents and policies for cargo