Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
Cabot Links is looking to recruit a talented Human Resource Intern that is responsible to meet and assist both employees and guests courteously and efficiently by giving a warm welcome, handling request efficiently and exceeding their expectations. This positions’ responsibilities will include all administrative tasks related to Human Resources.
• Enrolled in University/College and working toward a degree in Commerce with an interest in Human Resources Management
• Ability to develop and encourage an open, stimulating and trusting environment that reflects our Company Mission, Brand Promise and Values
• Highly responsible and able to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Professional telephone manner and demeanor with a natural response to ‘smile’ on the phone
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Assist the Human Resources Department in the day-to-day operation of the department as required
• Assist with recruitment functions, including posting positions, screening resumes, contacting applicants, and scheduling interviews
• Assist with assembling new employee packages
• Assist with employee orientation sessions (First Season Orientation and Returning Staff Orientation)
• Foster and promote positive employee relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust and mutual respect
• Ensure the Human Resources department complies with all corporate, regional and hotel policies and procedures; and governmental regulations pertaining to all employees
• Handle the calendar and administration assistance for the Human Resources Leaders
• Schedule and arrange appointments as required
• Prioritize all telephone calls and in-person external and internal visitors
• Handle purchase requisitions, expense reports as necessary
• Compose correspondence for the HR Department, such as letters, contracts, etc.
• Support internal HR projects, tracking necessary action and updating reports as progress is made
• Filing employee records
• Handle all office administration duties such as faxes, mail, phones, photocopying, office supplies
• Assist with and support employee events as appropriate, such as leadership meetings, employee receptions and events
• Prepare Offer Letters and change letters for internal promotions and transfers
• Manage the Human Resources Information System ensuring data integrity and proper documentation (adding new employees, salary, designation changes)
• Manage Personnel Action Forms, ensuring accuracy with regards to promotions and salary changes
• Adhere to all policies, procedures and service standards
• Other projects and duties as assigned by management
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Shannon Garnier, for details. firstname.lastname@example.org