- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Quality writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- Willingness to Travel
- Valid Driver’s Licence
The Student is directed by the Area Director on various roles and responsibilities pertaining to the Gulf Nova Scotia Area Office.
Key areas of responsibility
- Collection of statistics for the preparation of summaries and reports.
- Organize and prepare for internal / external meetings with industry, government and the public.
- Liaison with staff regarding Harbour Authorities, industry and Aboriginal groups.
- Accompany staff on site visits to various infrastructure projects.
- Participate on working groups and project teams.
- Foster internal and external relationships regarding Marine Protected Areas of Interest (AOI)
- Review technical documents and provide presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Area Director
- Chief, Resource Management
- Area Manager Small Craft Harbours
Term of employment
14 weeks – May –August 2019 – 37.5 hours/week – $14.62-16.72/hr.
Please forward cover letter and resume to Student Placement Officer, Megan Ringer firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm Monday the 25th March 2019.