Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Finance Analyst or as an Internal Auditor Co-op Student? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for 13 Financial Analyst roles and 1 Internal Auditor available across RBC Finance and Internal Audit Servies, including: Technology & Operations, Capital Markets, Wealth Management, Personal & Commercial Banking, Marketing, and Investory & Treasury Services!
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus in finance, accounting, business, economics actuarial or a related discipline
- Currently enrolled in a recognized co-op program and eligible to complete a work term from January to April
- Data analytics and data visualization tools
- Excellent MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Able to work effectively and reliably under pressure
- Previous experience working in a financial environment
- Experience or understanding of financial analysis and financial reporting
- Strong knowledge and experience working with data analytics software packages, data visualization tools and programming languages (Tableau, Python, R, SAS, SQL, etc.).
- Working with Bloomberg terminals
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
What will you do?
- Financial modelling forecasting and analysis
- Work with various visualization programs
- Participate in audit planning sessions to develop audit techniques using data analytics
- Participate in audits, control design review, continuous audit review, consulting engagements
- Interpret data using careful business-grounded logic and analytics techniques to test controls, find exceptions, and discover insights and trends.
- Participate in research and accounting assessments
- Be responsible to develop and run financial models
- Identify opportunities to improve and streamline current processes
- Provide strong financial governance, including assisting with monthly reporting cycle and related account reconciliations and standards of documentation
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Holly MacDonald, for details. firstname.lastname@example.org