EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Enrolled in an academic program with a focus on Finance with a co-op term from September to December 2019
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Accurate keyboarding skills and data entry
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel
- Computer literacy (word-processing, spreadsheets, databases)
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks with accuracy
ABOUT THE CMPA
The Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) is a medical mutual defence organization. The CMPA was founded in 1901 by a group of Canadian doctors for their mutual protection against legal actions based on allegations of malpractice or negligence.
The working environment consists of a 35 hour work week, a great location on Carling Avenue near Dows Lake in Ottawa, Ontario. It is easily accessible on a major bus route, and has two in-house fitness facilities. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment for co-op students.
CONTRIBUTING TO THE CMPA
The Finance department supports the CMPA’s mission and goals by safeguarding the Association’s assets through accurate and timely recording and stewardship of financial transactions. Portfolio Accounting and Reporting acts as the back office for the Investment department. It is responsible for recording and valuing the CMPA’s investment transactions.
The CMPA manages a multi-billion dollar investment portfolio in-house. The Portfolio Accounting and Reporting team provides support to the various members of the investment team by ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of all assets managed within the portfolio. This includes the preparation of monthly journal entries, various reconciliations, cash management, and preparation of year-end audit working papers. We are seeking a co-op student to assist us with day-to-day operations. Duties may include preparation of the daily cash flow for investments, preparation of monthly asset reconciliations, entry of payments into the banking system, and assisting with the year-end audit.
- Posting will close on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 4:00pm
- Students are defined as individuals who are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution during the year that they are employed. To be considered for this position, candidates must be enrolled in an academic program with a Co-Op term from September to December 2019.
- The position hourly rate is $17.00 per hour
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview and may be required to complete a skills assessment
Click Here to Apply