ABOUT U SPORTS
U SPORTS is the national brand for University Sports in Canada. Every year, over 14,000 student-athletes and 700 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 national championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides higher performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at Winter and Summer Universiades, as well as numerous world university championships.
The objective of the U SPORTS Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in collegiate / university programs with concrete experience of what it is like to work in the Canadian sport industry. Students will get hands on experience working in the different sectors of U SPORTS. Opportunities to complete challenging, yet rewarding assignments will be provided. It is the goal of the National Office that once students complete their internships, they leave with a better understanding of Collegiate Sport in Canada, develop the necessary skills to work in the industry, and feel as though they have left their mark on the U SPORTS organization.
• University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business
Management/ Administration – an asset.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles an
• Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• QuickBooks Accounting – an asset
• Excel (MS Office)
• Outlook (MS Office)
• Inputting the following information into QuickBooks Premier accounting software:
o AP Vendor invoices, staff expense reports, credits for vendors and
assembling vendor invoices for cheque runs.
o Credit card transactions from card holder statements
o AR Customer invoices, credits for customers and emailing all invoices
o Applying Customer payments (both cheques & online payments).
o Setting up new Vendors & Customers (as needed).
• Prepare deposit slips for all cheques to be deposited in bank.
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all
• Help in preparing supporting information for the annual audit.
• Ad hoc reports and projects as required.
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Megan Ringer, for details. Megan_Ringer@cbu.ca