About the company
InterTalk critical information system is a leading-edge company in the field of electronics and communications. Headquarters in Dartmouth, Intertalk designs, manufactures and sells electronic communications equipment to public safety agencies around the world. in addition, InterTalk’s equipment used by railroads transit and electrical utility companies to ensure the safety of their employees and to handle day to day operations, logistics, planning and emergency situations.
- Mechanical inclination and interest
- strong English communication skills
- computer knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite/Windows
- High level of initiative
- Team oriented
- All candidates must be enrolled in Co-op program at an approved post secondary institution.
- Troubleshooting capabilities in electronics down to board and component level
- Able to work in a Linux environment would be an asset
- Soldering skills using basic tools and surface mount hot air devices would be an asset
InterTalk is looking for an electronics technician (Co-op) to assist with the following responsibilities:wiring and cabling systems, equipment and system assembly, testing against quality test plans, the logistics of system implementation and the repair of electronics merchandise. Candidate should have strong problem solving skills and an interest in radio and telecommunications.