ABOUT U SPORTS
U SPORTS is the national brand for University Sports in Canada. Every year, over 14,000 student-athletes and 700 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 national championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides higher performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at Winter and Summer Universiades, as well as numerous world university championships.
The objective of the U SPORTS Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in collegiate / university programs with concrete experience of what it is like to work in the Canadian sport industry. Students will get hands on experience working in the different sectors of U SPORTS. Opportunities to complete challenging, yet rewarding assignments will be provided. It is the goal of the National Office that once students complete their internships, they leave with a better understanding of Collegiate Sport in Canada, develop the necessary skills to work in the industry, and feel as though they have left their mark on the U SPORTS organization.
Objective of the Compliance and Eligibility Intern is to assist in eligibility management and member compliance.
• The position will require significant interaction and overlap with all other departments within U SPORTS
• Though principle report will be to the Manager, Compliance, Eligibility & Discipline and the Chief Sport Officer, reporting structure may change based on day to-day tasks
Selected candidates will develop essential skills and gain valuable experience in one or more of the following areas, with the aim to prepare them for a successful career in sport.
• Role of policy compliance within U SPORTS
• Sport management technology development and implementation
• Knowledge of the Canadian sports system is an asset
• Understanding of U SPORTS regulations would be an asset
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong team player with ability to work independently
• Quick study and willingness to learn
• Bilingualism is preferred
• Assist with development and maintenance of U SPORTS management portal
• Maintain and organize records of eligibility documents
• Assist in monitoring policy compliance within eligibility, recruiting and athletic
• Compile interpretations and collate casebooks
• Compile, summarize and process appeals