Location: Inverness, NS
The Municipality of the County of Inverness has an opening for a Communications Co-op Intern.
Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary Co-op program of Communications, Public Relations, Business, Marketing, English, Journalism or a related discipline
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
• Good knowledge of MS Office; photo and web-editing software is an asset
• Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content
• Skilled in time management, research, and public speaking,
• Must have excellent interpersonal, networking, planning, organization and problem solving skills
• Must be able to function well in a team environment
The successful candidate will promote a positive image of the Municipality by assisting with internal communications (memos, e-mails, newsletters, etc.) for the Municipality, draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media, social media, and via the Municipality’s web site, and help organize events, meetings, and conferences.
Start date: January 14, 2019
End date:April 18, 2019
35 hours per week @16 per hour.
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Holly MacDonald, for details and to determine if you qualify for the co-op program. email@example.com
Please include your academic program and student id number in your email.