The Cape Breton Partnership is Cape Breton / Unama’ki’s private sector-led economic development organization that supports companies and entrepreneurs by promoting our island as a great place to live and invest; growing
& celebrating a culture that values creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship; and connecting entrepreneurs and companies to the resources they need to succeed.
Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major in Marketing and Communications
Dates: January 7, 2019 – April 26, 2019
Salary: $15 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia
The Cape Breton Partnership is recruiting a Communications and Marketing Assistant. Reporting to the Communications and Events Coordinator, you will assist with the following duties:
- Daily media monitoring: With close to 200 Investors, the Partnership believes that their news is our news. Keeping up to date on the daily news cycle is vitally important to how the Partnership functions and provides direction on how we can be prepared to act, whether it be by sharing those news stories or taking a proactive approach on any issues we foresee.
- Writing and Editing: While working at the Partnership, you will be exposed to many different styles of writing. When dealing with Investors, our Board of Directors, and all levels of government, you will be
responsible for various types of correspondence such as, media notices, media releases, speaking notes, and backgrounders. You will also have the opportunity to create your own original content for our business publication, Elevate Magazine.
- Website Maintenance: The Partnership is preparing to launch our new website that will reflect our refreshed brand. You will be responsible for uploading content and ensuring that all of the information on the website is either up to date or correctly archived. The website is built on a WordPress platform, so you will become very comfortable and competent on how to use the backend of this program by the time you finish your work term. You will have an opportunity to develop a new web strategy to help the Partnership
share good news stories and promote business in Cape Breton and Mulgrave.
- Special Events Planning: In your role with the Partnership you will have the opportunity to plan, manage, promote, and perform on-site logistics for a diverse range of events. Events can include luncheons, business round tables, networking sessions, conferences, information sessions, and symposiums. You will be responsible for helping the Partnership team make each event a success through promotion, developing key messages and various planning, and other support functions that are required.
- Social Media: You will be given the responsibility of managing the Partnership’s Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts throughout your work term. After gaining the initial experience of managing the social
media accounts you will have to create and implement a social media plan for the Partnership that will be utilized to expand the organization’s network and online reach.
- Additional Opportunities: Region wide networking, media relations, Investor relations, stakeholder management, strategic planning, as well as the promotion and marketing of the Cape Breton Partnership
brand and other investor brands.
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Holly MacDonald, for details. firstname.lastname@example.org