Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
What is the opportunity?
RBC’s Supplier Management looking to hire a co-op student to provide Supplier Management Support for Capital Markets Suppliers. The student analyst position is responsible for performing supplier risk assessments and overall due diligence for global operations, as outlined by regulators and internal policies.
What do you need to succeed?
- Basic Banking Knowledge/Understanding
- Basic understanding of Supplier Management
- Good computer skills – Windows, Word, Excel and Internet
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Initiative Achievement Motivation
- Customer Service/ Service Partner Orientation
- Commitment To Continuous Learning
- Concern for Order and Quality
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Opportunities to do challenging work
Opportunities to build close relationships with clients
What will you do?
As a Supplier Management Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for updating supplier profile database, including collecting information on services provided, annual spend, existing relationships, contracts, and existing supplier risk that requires resolution
- Central point-of-contact for establishing supplier assessments and completion of required due diligence, in conjunction with BUs
- Engage suppliers when necessary to comply with documentation as outlined in due diligence
- Continual maintenance of supplier assessments and compliance for internal / external audits
- Become a subject matter expert in compliance activities and assist BUs in meeting suppliers and compliance requirements; provide assistance on internal / external audits as required. Educate BUs on supplier management principles and adherence to internal / external policies
- Support and advocate the Enterprise policies, procedures, processes and best practices
- Liaising with other platforms
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Shannon Garnier, for details. firstname.lastname@example.org