Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
What is the opportunity?
RBC Capital Markets is a part of the Royal Bank of Canada, one of the largest providers of financial services in the world. RBC ranks among the top five banks in North America by market capitalization and has one of the highest credit ratings of any financial institution in the world.
Internship opportunities exist within RBCCM for energetic, bright and talented undergraduates and graduates. The student program extends for 16 weeks and provides interns the opportunity to gain in-depth, hands-on experience while working and learning alongside our experienced market professionals.
The Collateral Management group of RBC Capital Markets Operations business division is looking to hire a summer intern to join its Toronto office. As a Summer intern, you will assist on several projects that will increase efficiencies and controls around the daily collateral movements processed by the team. In addition, you may be trained as back up on Cash Collateral processing, account set ups, client follow-ups and other tasks that contribute the daily running of the team.
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to learn quickly and handle high volume
- Work effectively and reliably under pressure with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Good PC and analytical skills and attention to details
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivatives products
- Basic understanding of cash flows and settlements and the controls needed around them
- Good working knowledge of various Systems: Microsoft Word, Excel
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. At RBC, you will have opportunities to:
- Interact with leaders who support your development through coaching and managing
- Make a difference and lasting impact through meaningful work
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Participate in a world-class training program in financial services
- Complete to do challenging work
- Build close relationships with clients
- Access a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
What will you do?
- Ensure that quality service is provided and that the Bank is represented in a professional manner at all times
- Migration of collateral inbox to relevant buckets/folders to facilitate automation
- Reconciliation/remediation of data across collateral system and trading documentation layer
- Open new RIMMS settlement accounts as required ensuring settlement instructions are confirmed and updated with total accuracy to ensure that all payments and receipts are effected with minimal loss to the bank
- Maintain product and operational procedures documents on an ongoing basis
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Shannon Garnier, for details. firstname.lastname@example.org