Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
What is the opportunity?
The Capital Markets, Nostro Investigations team is looking to hire a summer intern to join its Toronto office. As a Summer Investigations Officer, you will provide exceptional service to resolve breaks resulting from settlements of Capital Markets, commercial and retail deals.
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to learn quickly and handle high volume
- Work effectively and reliably under pressure with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Good PC and analytical skills and attention to details
- Good understanding of Capital Markets and banking operations/trading activity
- Solid understanding of procedures and operational controls as they relate to systems and workflow
- Good working knowledge of various Systems: Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
What will you do?
- Ensure that quality service is provided and that the Bank is represented in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrate thoroughness and integrity in the investigation process ensuring strict adherence to Standing Orders and Terms and Conditions governing our accounts
- Ensure that investigation cases are updated according to established procedures and guidelines
- All cases must be updated with latest emails, phone calls and SWIFT messages
- Identify opportunities to further streamline tasks and create efficiencies
- Develop good knowledge of products supported by Capital Markets Operations
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Shannon Garnier, for details. email@example.com