Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
What is the opportunity?
The Business Transformation group is dedicated to enabling business opportunities through collaboration and delivery excellence. We lead a variety of strategic Capital Markets initiatives on behalf of the organization and take great pride in our ability to work closely with our Business and Functional partners to add value and enact change. We are looking for an eager and high performing individual to take on several impactful projects within our group. In addition to working closely with Program Leads on significant in-flight programs, this role will add great value to our ongoing initiatives by following and proposing improvements to our tracking and reporting processes, as well as supporting ongoing efforts to establish consolidated libraries of reports and best practices. Extensive interactions across business groups will make this a valuable learning opportunity for any student interested in the implementation of cross-functional programs across Capital Markets.
What do you need to succeed?
- General knowledge of Capital Markets or banking
- Advanced proficiency with Excel (Macros, Pivot tables, Lookups) and PowerPoint
- SharePoint 2010 usage and development (ie: experience working with SharePoint lists)
- Ability to interact effectively with project managers, team members and senior business stakeholders
- Capital Markets product and regulatory knowledge would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Variety of assignments over the course of your placement
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
What will you do?
- Apply knowledge of the Capital Markets industry to complete assigned cross-functional project tasks under the direction of the Program Leads
- Regularly report progress of workstreams, milestones, achievements, and risks / issues in both formal and informal settings to the Program Leads and senior stakeholders
- Contribute to business analysis activities to drive target state and process gap analysis
- Develop relationships with team members, including staff in the Businesses and Functions, to facilitate project execution and the transfer of knowledge after projects have been completed
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Shannon Garnier, for details. email@example.com