Resumes will be accepted for the following summer student positions with CBRM.
Candidates eligible for employment must be:
- a Grade 12 graduate and be entering post secondary education or be re-entering full time post secondary education in the Fall of the year of summer employment, and who can provide CBRM with the necessary documentation of acceptance in a university or college. They must be residents of the Cape Breton Regional Municipality.
To qualify for a summer job with CBRM’s Recreation Department, all students selected for hiring by the Recreation Department must
consent to the carrying out of a
- Search of the Child Abuse Register and a Police check by CBRM.
- Students have to receive clearance by
both searches to be eligible for employment with CBRM.
- Students must be willing and able to work flexible hours (daytime and evenings) for any of the seven days of the week.
- They must have excellent oral and writing skills, as well as possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Detailed job descriptions can be obtained at local Recreation Offices for Recreation positions.
Here is a link to all available jobs with CBRM.
- Activity Coordinator
- Intern (Recreation)
- Intern (Special Events)
- Coordinator (Special Events)
- Intern (Marketing)
A resume quoting the Reference Number must be submitted for each position applied for and directed to:
Recreation Department, Cape Breton Regional Municipality, 320 Esplanade, Room #204, Sydney, NS, B1P 7B9
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS : 4:00 PM, Friday, April 27, 2018
For the hiring of general students, CBRM will be holding a lottery draw and/or Councillor selection in the various electoral districts of the municipality. The selection is expected to take place in June 2018. NOTE: All student employment positions are subject to availability of funding.
To learn more about how you could turn these positions into a co-op work term class and earn 3 credits while you work – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org