The New Waterford Coal Dust Days Committee is looking for someone to join their Festival Coordination Team, for a 14 week summer grant starting May 7th and ending August 10th. If you are a self-starter, enjoy working with the public, and are willing to work with a team, we would like to hear from you! You must be currently enrolled in college or university and returning to full time studies in the fall.
Duties for this position include:
- Work closely with the Organizing Committee, the Local Recreation Department and the Community.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all festival events
- Complete, Review and Assign any forms that need to be filled out.
- Keep inventory of supplies
- Manage receipts and invoices
- Handle cash when necessary
- Dealing with the media in many forms (Print, Radio, Internet)
- Creating content for and updating all festival social media platforms.
- Ability to work at all times (Holidays, Evenings, Weekends, Nights)
- Constantly adapt and learn methods and ways of resolving problems and meeting the needs of community members, the committee and the staff surrounding you.
- Create, organize and keep track of paper work.
- Access to a vehicle.
- This job allows the student to explore event management, communications, marketing, customer service and public relations**
If you are interested in making this Job into a Co-op Elective please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Carly Turnbull: email@example.com
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by
Wednesday April 25th at 4:00pm.
The Coal Dust Days Committee thanks all interested applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.