SPECIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have the ability to work with volunteers coupled with a sound understanding of family dynamics and the development of children.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with other people, to organize, initiate contracts, be empathetic, and to have a good knowledge of the area and its community resources.
- Must have a car and be willing to travel throughout the region.
- Must have specific training in understanding human growth and development appropriate interpersonal skills, child safety training, and volunteer program management. This training should include post secondary education in human services, health or education.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Casework Aide responsible for:
- Orienting the volunteers to the fullest extent to ensure that they are adequately prepared to enter into a relationship with a child.
- Supervising ongoing matches to standards established by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.
- Delivery of the Strong From The Start to standards established by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.
- Keeping the Executive Director informed about matches by way of case conferences.
- Maintaining accurate, legible, up-to-date records on all relationships. These reports shall be explicit, chronological and must ensure libelous material is not included.
- Assisting with activities, fundraising and special events as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assisting in other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assist in newsletter preparations.
- Maintaining accurate records of travel, overtime and other employment-related expenditures that are submitted to the Executive Director at the end of every month.
- Discuss overtime hours with the Executive Director prior to accumulation, for approval.
- Attending Annual General Meeting of the Board of Directors.
If you are interested in turning this job into a Co-op Elective please contact Student Placement Officer, Carly Turnbull: email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume to Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters of cape Breton Francine Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org
or in person at:
700 Victoria Road