Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
The nature of finance is changing, and RBC Capital Markets is looking to recruit the next generation of AI engineers to build cutting edge electronic trading algorithms.
Global Markets Artificial Intelligence Lab
The Global Markets AI Lab offers the opportunity to work at the forefront of AI and trading, leveraging state of the art research on pioneering projects within Global Markets. The team has a broad mandate to transform the way we do trading through the application of cutting edge AI technologies, working in an innovative new research lab space located directly on Canada’s largest trade floor (the first of its kind!).
Joining the Global Markets AI Lab as an AI Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge machine learning research, build systems to support a first of its kind AI-based trading algorithm, and lead projects that have real-world and significant impact for the firm.
- An interest in Canadian/US equity markets
- Solid background in mathematics, statistics and software development
- Machine learning experience (reinforcement learning experience a plus)
- Programming experience in statistical modeling languages (Python preferred)
- Maturity to independently carry out research projects
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Experience in finance is not required
What will you do?
- Apply unconventional and innovative machine learning techniques to solve cutting edge trading problems
- Use your critical thinking and problem solving skills to improve the performance of reinforcement learning algorithms that trade millions of shares daily
- Develop key support systems to help train, and explain the actions of our reinforcement learning algorithms
- Collaborate with traders and subject matter experts across the trade floor
- Be challenged to think critically within a collaborative team working on Canada’s largest trade floor
This is a Co-op position. Please contact Student Placement Officer, Shannon Garnier, for details. email@example.com