Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Cabot Links is offering a paid student internship. The program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training. This position will take the lead in retail inventory control measures and will ensure all relevant documentation is current and accurate.
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University, with a major in Accounting. Junior or senior level.
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
- Work within the Accounting team to develop inventory tracking and reporting best-practices.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of best practices in the execution and reporting of Retail Sales operations.
- Work with and understand the POS system Yellow Dog inventory management system, Great Plains accounting software, and Shopify (Cabot’s online web based store).
- Monitor, evaluate, and approve the invoices in Great Plains accounting software which will populate as a result of software integration between Yellow Dog and Great Plains.
- Lead the inventory counts and reconciliation at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Complete spot checks on inventory counts, and provide Director, Golf Operations with Inventory completion report.
- Controlling retail inventory; receiving, cross referencing purchase orders, preparation and conducting monthly inventories, and resolving any variances or discrepancies – this includes alerting the supervisors of any re-order points.
- Assist in the execution and monitoring of online sales, and inventory control.
- Committing Purchase Orders, Receipts and Invoices in Yellow Dog Inventory management system.
- Help with arranging and displaying golf shop merchandise.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work flexible hours – weekends and evenings as required.
- Review/Reconcile inventory components of Balance Sheet.
- Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures.
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and service standards.
Title: Accounting Intern, Inventory Control
Reports to: Director, Golf Operations
Location: 18 Cabot Lane, Inverness NS
Job Type: Full-time, term; January 2019 to August 2019
This is a CO-OP position. Please contact Shannon_Garnier@cbu.ca if you are interested in the CBU’s CO-OP education program.