** Please note that this position is pending funding approval **
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Cabot is offering a paid student internship. The program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training. This position will take the lead in retail inventory control measures and will ensure all relevant documentation is current and accurate.
• Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University, with a major in Accounting. Junior or Senior level.
• Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
• Work within the Accounting team to develop inventory tracking and reporting best-practices
• Make recommendations for continuous improvement of best practices in the execution and reporting of Retail Sales operations
• Work with and understand the POS system, Yellow Dog inventory management system, Great Plains accounting software, and Shopify (Cabot’s online web based store)
• Monitor, evaluate and approve the invoices in Great Plains accounting software which will populate as a result of software integration between YellowDog and Great Plains.
• Lead the inventory counts and reconciliation at month end in accordance with inventory procedures
• Complete spot checks on inventory counts, and provide Director, Golf Operations with Inventory completion report
• Controlling retail inventory; receiving, cross referencing purchase orders, preparation and conducting monthly inventories, and resolving any variances or discrepancies – this includes alerting the supervisors of any re-order points
• Assist in the execution and monitoring of online sales, and inventory control
• Committing Purchase Orders, Receipts and Invoices in YellowDog inventory management system
• Help with arranging and displaying golf shop merchandise
• A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to work flexible hours – weekends and evenings as required
• Review/Reconcile inventory components of Balance Sheet
• Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures
• Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
• Adhere to all policies, procedures and service standards
Title: Accounting Intern, Inventory Control
Reports to: Director, Golf Operations
Location: 18 Cabot Lane, Inverness, NS, B0E 1N0
Job Type: Full-time Seasonal (May-August)
Please note that this is a co-op position reserved for students enrolled in the co-op program within their respective degree. If you are interested in the co-op program please contact Shannon_Garnier@cbu.ca.