* Please note that this position is pending funding approval *
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Cabot’s Corporate Accounting Department is offering a paid student internship. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of Accounting functions via on-the-job training.
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University, with a Major in Accounting. Junior or Senior level
- Strong technical and organizational skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
- High level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Cash management including:
- Review daily cash drops by department
- Reconcile nightly credit card settlements to bank deposits
- Complete bank deposits and withdrawals
- Coordinate float management and accounting for tips
- Assist with office administration duties
- Enter expenses into accounting system in a timely and accurate fashion
- Liaise with department heads where there are discrepancies in payments
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and service standards
Title: Accounting Intern
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer & Accounting Leaders
Location: 18 Cabot Lane, Inverness, NS, B0E 1N0
Job Type: Full-time, Seasonal (May-August)
Application deadline: February 28th, 2019
Please note that this is a CO-OP position for students enrolled in the Bachelor of Business Administration CO-OP program. If you are interested in the co-op program, please contact Shannon_Garnier@cbu.ca.