A bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization in a field related to the functions of the position such as: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology and Agricultural Chemistry.
• Recent experience conducting complex analytical procedures and methodologies for diagnostic and/or research activities in a lab environment.
• Recent experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting complex laboratory equipment (e.g. High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS), Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS)).
• Recent experience evaluating and interpreting analytical data.
*Recent experience is defined as experience normally acquired within the last five (5) years.
AE1: Experience in conducting complex analysis of samples for trace level contaminants or residues.
AE2: Experience working within a formal lab quality management system.
AE3: Experience evaluating and/or validating analytical methodologies.
Essential competencies: Analytical skills, Dependability, Detail oriented, Teamwork, Problem solving, Communication and Initiative.
Linguistic requirements: English Essential.
• Conduct complex chemical analysis and interpret analytical data;
• Operate and maintain analytical instruments and equipment;
• Conduct Research activities in support of the CFIA regulatory programs;
• Assure reliability and validity of data by following a quality assurance system.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that clearly demonstrates how you meet the essential education and experience mentioned above by Wednesday, March 13th, 2019 11:59 PM ADT, using 19-ICA-ATL-OE-VAR-CS00-008 as the subject line, to CFIA.atlhrstaffing-dotationrh.ACIA@canada.ca.
Please provide a cover letter that clearly describes how you meet the essential education and experience criteria as well as the asset qualifications if you have them. It is your responsibility to provide clear and comprehensive information specifying the relevant periods, the job title, the name of the organization and how the experience was acquired. Choose example where the complexity, impact and difficulty sufficiently enable you to properly convey the breadth and depth of the experience you possess. The example you provide for each criteria are your only opportunity to demonstrate your attainment of the Essential Education and Experience to the Assessment Board. Therefore, it is vital that the information you provide is complete.
Only those selected for further considerations will be contacted.