Job Title: Varsity Athletics Assistant
Department: CBU Athletics
Supervisor: Shaun Ranni
Athletics and Student Life Services encompasses the Field House & CBHRC Dome Athletic Facilities, varsity athletics, intramurals and clubs. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the incumbent will assist the Director with administration of the Department. They will help implement and supervise the varsity athletics programs to enrich the student/athlete experience and maintain an integrated approach to support student life experience through varsity athletic events.
- Students from any academic background are encouraged to apply.
- Looking for students with 1-3 years relevant experience working in Recreation, Athletics and Administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task effectively are required.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in supervising varsity athletics events, possess the ability to work independently, but thrive in a team environment.
- Required to have, or willing to obtain, Standard First Aid certifications.
- Assist the Director with Administration duties in the department
- Manage the Department Front Desk, answer phones and direct emails
- Manage the Department email account
- Create Varsity Athletics Media Guides
- Assist with gocapersgo.ca website management
- Assist with management of Varsity Athletics Social Media Accounts
- Help promote all Varsity Athletics Events
Start Date: September 2017
End Date: December 2017
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/