Job Title: Project Assistant
Department: Political Science – The Sustainability Project
Supervisor: Terry Gibbs
Through educational programming and student engagement, to raise awareness on and off campus of Sustainability issues making local to global connections. A central task of the position will be to coordinate an educational workshop/speaker series on campus to run through the fall and winter semesters.
- Open to all current students.
- Strong interest in environmental and social justice issues.
- Good people skills and cross cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work independently and to work in collaboration with volunteers.
- Ability to work 10-15 flexible hours per week including meetings with supervisor, volunteers and representatives of collaborating campus groups and community organizations.
A central component of the position will involve coordinating a sustainability workshop/speaker series for the 2017/18 academic year. This will involve:
- Meetings with campus and community representatives (CBU Community Garden Project, The Animal Ethics Project (AEP), students union, student clubs, ACAP Cape Breton, the Ecology Action Centre and others) to determine timeline and possible speakers.
- Communicating with potential local and international speakers.
- Booking rooms and catering where necessary.
- The position will also involve compiling information and gathering papers connected to the themes of the series. This information will be used to support the website and social media work of the Sustainability Project and partner groups such as AEP.
Other duties as they arise.
Start Date: September 2017
End Date: April 2018
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/