Job/Project Description: International Student Centre Student Support
The International Student Centre – Student Support Assistant – will assist all CBU students who seek support from the Centre.
Preference will be given to upper year students.
- To establish a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the ISSAC
- Advise students on CBU supports and resources
- Assist with event planning and implementation
- Provide social media support for international students
- Provide support for International Student Advisors
- Answer general questions regarding study permits, work permits, visa applications, MSI and other health insurance policies
- Organize small student led activities
- Provide research as required
- Facilitate meetings with international students on campus
- Student will also be required to assist with communication plan for new students starting at CBU in January 2017
- The successful candidate will also make sure forms for applications are available, update Twitter and Facebook accounts, day to day office activities like picking up the mail, organizing meetings, assisting students, etc.
Start Date: September 19
End Date: December 2016
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/