Job/Project Description: Student Services Assistant
Assist the Academic and Career Services staff in the planning and delivery of services/events to create positive experiences for CBU students.
- Working with the academic success coach on programming initiatives such as peer mentoring, at-risk student outreach, first year advising and the peer success coaching program.
- Increase student awareness of the Academic and Career Services centre and its services through social media and in-person promotion.
- Assist in the development and delivery of a survey to increase student awareness of services
- Organizing, promoting and providing facilitation support for workshops and/or discussion forums on relevant topics.
- Assist with website programing and content
- Friendly and reliable 2nd or 3rd year student who displays good time management
- Well-organized student with respect for confidentiality and possesses excellent communication skills
- Exceptional computer/website development/social media skills
- Create and able to work in both group and independent settings
- Providing program support for student services staff.
- Development, delivery and analysis of survey to determine students’ awareness of services.
- Working independently on assigned projects.
- Updating website content.
- Providing outreach services (via phone/email) to specific student groups.
- Organizing workshops/discussion forms and assisting in program development
- Find creative ways to attract students to the workshops and discussion forums
- Help students connect with pre-existing resources.
Start Date: September 19
End Date: December 2016
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/