The Student Engagement Centre is a central hub to student life at CBU. The Student Life Assistant will be responsible for creating and facilitating engaging programming for all students at CBU and work out of the EC. All CBU students will benefit from the EC being open more often and having a variety of activities offered. The SLCE Assistant is the go-to person for all events and programming developed and executed by the SLCE Coordinator and related committees. The Assistant will be a key person to help make sure life at CBU is active, vibrant, and includes all aspects of life on campus.
Students from all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are looking for students who can:
- Work independently and with groups, depending on the task
- Create and facilitate meaningful programming for their peers
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Opening Student Life and Community Engagement Centre to students for as many hours as possible each week.
- Completing a needs assessment of activities students would like to see at the EC.
- Creating and facilitating regular programming based on the results of the needs assessment and successful programming from the past.
- Supporting the Student Life and Community Engagement Coordinator with additional programming and events.
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
- Develop organizational, planning and programming skills
- Taking responsibility for tasks from start to finish
- Program development with specific goals and tasks in mind
- Leadership skills
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. To determine eligibility and to complete an application, go to:
If eligible, send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
Forward resume and cover letter to: email@example.com