Title: Student Library Ambassador
The successful candidate will represent the Library at campus wide events, Student Orientations and will attend and facilitate library activities throughout the academic terms. The Student Library Ambassador will provide support and information to students at campus fairs, library events and other library outreach initiatives.
- Second, Third or Fourth Year student
- Knowledge of Cape Breton University Library and its services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Be able to work independently or with a team
- Familiar with all aspects of social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram)
- Act as a liaison between students and Library staff
- Provide feedback on Library services and suggestions for improvements
- Host and facilitate de-stress events during exams and midterms
- Promote library resources, services, workshops and events on campus
- Assist in staffing tables at various events throughout campus
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
- The Student Library Ambassador position will provide students with leadership skills, professional connections, and the opportunity to make a positive impact at Cape Breton University.
- This position will allow Cape Breton University Library to obtain feedback from students, faculty, staff, parents and event goers and use this information to better promote and facilitate planning for future events.
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 14th, 2018.