Job/Project Description: Knowledge Mobilization Research Assistant
The student will work with the supervisor to promote and cultivate collaborative research (CR) and commercialization opportunities for faculty and students. The position will help the student gain an understanding of the breadth and depth of research at CBU as well as how faculty expertise can be applied to industrial partnerships. The student will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of research areas as well as meeting industry partners who are engaging in collaborative research at CBU, will learn about intellectual property in relation to research commercialization and will assist with vetting disclosed opportunities through the development of opportunity sheets and assessments.
- work with the supervisor to develop profiles of faculty that are interested in external research collaborations to help articulate their research expertise
- work with the supervisor to create stories about past and ongoing collaborations
- assist the supervisor in conducting market research on discovery that are disclosed to the ORGS by CBU faculty
- post to the office social media sites such as FB and twitter to promote funding opportunities and share exciting research and commercialization successes
- work with the supervisor to plan and organize workshops and other related events
- assist faculty by helping them with template agreement and applications for research funding
- other related duties as required
3rd or 4th year student preferred (if MBA students available this would likely be of interest to them as well). Student should have a level of comfort with research, many projects will be science based and the student should be interested in scientific subjects. Excellent writing skills, the ability to research, independent worker and good communication skills are required for this position.
To accomplish the duties above the student will be provided with training and resources that will be of benefit to him/her as they work with the supervisor and faculty member during the placement.
Start Date: September 19
End Date: December 2016
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/