Job/Project Description: RESEARCH AND ARCHIVAL ASSISTANT
- The Beaton Institute has recently received a large donation of records related to Sydney Steel
- That material needs to be interpreted and processed to be used by future researchers
- Parnaby is currently researching and writing a book on aspects of this subject
- Student researcher and archival assistant would support both projects
- an upper level student is preferred; exceptional second year student may be considered;
- student may be from any disciplinary background – ARTS, SCIENCE, BUSINESS, EDUCATION, NURSING ;
- excellent people, research, writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and computer skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- conduct independent research in CBU library and Beaton Institute;
- produce a comprehensive written literature review;
- critically assess literature and make recommendations for future research;
- oral presentation of research findings;
- work with staff at the Beaton Institute and retired steelworkers in developing and implementing special projects, where appropriate.
Start Date: May 16
End Date: August 26
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/