To support the work of the Action/Research/Engagement subcommittee of the President’s Environmental Sustainability Committee.
The Intern will be assigned tasks including but not limited to:
- developing a database of activities used by other universities to increase sustainability behaviour in our university community
- act as project coordinator for projects initiated by the committee (e.g. free store, water refilling stations)
- other duties as they arise.
- attending ARE meetings.
- consult with the ARE cttee. and relevant administration and student union personnel in order to develop a plan appropriate for the projects initiated.
- This position is open to current students (preference given to students earlier in their academic career with interest in long-term growth);
- Professional interest in environmental education, community engagement, and leadership;
- Big picture thinking with holistic ideas for community engagement;
- Enthusiasm for environmental education and sustainability;
- Strong desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to commit an average of 8-12 hours per week and the flexibility to attend monthly meetings
- Organized and efficient worker; ability to keep track of multiple projects and tasks
Start Date: Mid-September
End Date: Mid-April
Hours: All positions are part time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/applications/
Deadline to apply is September 11, 2015.