Community Story Telling and Youth Engagement
This project is designed to support community-based asset mapping, share the challenges and opportunities facing local organizations and further engage youth in community organizations/ processes.
This work will be based in Inverness, Cape Breton. For CBU students, however, it will mostly be carried out via Skype, telephone interviews and other technologies that allow us to work across distance.
Community-based Research- research design, interviews, transcription, analysis, dissemination and knowledge mobilization (all in collaboration with Jen Ryan and other team members).
- Participating in the research design process. This might include identifying opportunities for engaging youth and community members in the research process.
- Coordinating and conducting interviews w organizations and individuals in the Inverness area. This could also include identifying additional community stakeholders.
- Transcribing interviews in the agreed upon format
- Participating in research analysis, dissemination and knowledge mobilization activities (should we get to this point).
- Keeping clear records of work activities, communicating any interruptions in work arrangements (as soon as possible) and submitting timesheets
Familiarity with research/interview processes and community organizations considered an asset but not necessary.
Start Date: Mid-September
End Date: Mid-April
Hours: All positions are part time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/applications/
Deadline to apply is September 11, 2015.