Title: Playhouse Event Coordinator
Department: Boardmore Playhouse
The CBU Boardmore Playhouse is seeking self- motivated, energetic individual to provide assistance with playhouse event coordination. The Assistant will be involved in a few different aspects of theatre business. Maintaining advertising and sponsorship for the 2018/19 Season of Plays, box office services, social media, and technical assistance.
Qualifications: The candidates should be post-secondary students at the undergraduate level. Experience in theatre is not necessary but is considered an asset.
The candidates should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access) and internet and social media applications. The candidate should have exceptional oral and written English language skills, have demonstrated research experience, and be highly organized. It is important that the candidates have good time management skills and be able to stay on task with minimal supervision. The candidates should be outgoing and friendly, and be comfortable working with the public.
- assist in the management of the theatre technical inventory
- assist with set up and tear down of playhouse events.
- creating and inputting content for social media
- liaise with advertising and sponsorship clients
- box office clerk
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
September Start/April End
- knowledge and experience with technical theatre
- improved interpersonal skills
- knowledge and experience with theatre management
- human resource management skills
- time management skills
- knowledge of theatre history
- knowledge and experience in community theatre
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 14th, 2018.