Job Title: Playhouse Assistant
Department: Boardmore Playhouse
Supervisor: Todd Hiscock
Brief Job Description: The CBU Boardmore Playhouse is seeking self- motivated, energetic individual to provide assistance to the playhouse manager. The Assistant will be involved in a few different aspects of theatre business. Maintaining advertising and sponsorship for the 2017/18 Season of Plays ,box office services, and technical assistance.
- Be post-secondary students at the undergraduate level.
- Experience in theatre is not necessary but is considered an asset.
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access) and internet and social media applications.
- Have exceptional oral and written English language skills, have demonstrated research experience, and be highly organized.
- Have good time management skills and be able to stay on task with minimal supervision.
- Be outgoing and friendly, and be comfortable working with the public.
- window and telephone ticket sales for all events
- customer service, ticket printing, mail orders, and daily cash and credit card reconciliations
- setting lighting levels for various events and assist in audio recordings and playback.
- equipment inventory
- organize and maintain advertising and sponsorship files
- assist in the management of the theatre technical inventory
- assist with set up and tear down of playhouse events.
- liaise with advertising and sponsorship clients
- box office clerk
Start Date: September 2017
End Date: April 2018
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/