Title: Physical Activity Research and Program Assistant
Department: Community Studies, Sport and Physical Activity Leadership
The Physical Activity Research and Program Assistant will be responsible to support three physical activity projects and the research developed from these projects.
- CBU student with experience in sport, physical activity and recreation in a variety of settings including the outdoors in both summer and winter environments. (Experience cross country skiing and/or snowshoeing would be an asset)
- Marketing and promotion experience.
- Experience with social media.
- Experience with written and spoken communications.
- Experience with computer programs including Excel. SPSS or Minitab
The first of three projects will be a survey of student, staff and community members’ barriers, facilitators and l barriers to participation in physical activity at Cape Breton University. The second project will be a project using Nordic poles to activate older adults with chronic health conditions. The third project will to develop facilities and programing for cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality. Work will be divided between these three projects with a focus on the first two projects in the fall term and on the third project in the winter term. The projects will include leadership, administrative and research responsibilities and will be a great learning experience for the student.
- Program development and supervision experience.
- Further development of marketing and promotional abilities using social media and more traditional methods.
- Development of both program evaluation and research skills.
- Experiential learning in the fields of sport, physical activity and recreation
- Development of time management and administrative skills.
- Experience in a post secondary work environment.
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 14th, 2018.