Title: Marketing and Communications Project Coordinator
Department: Marketing & Communications
CBU’s Marketing & Communications Department directly supports CBU’s student recruitment and retention initiatives, and the Marketing & Communications Project Coordinator will be an extension of this mandate. The Marketing & Communications Project Coordinator will take the lead role in planning and coordinating
two major projects/initiatives within the Department: CBU Social Squad and CBU Road Squad.
The CBU Social Squad is made up of a group of 8 students who act as social media brand ambassadors for the university. The Marketing & Communications Project Coordinator will act as a liaison between the Marketing & Communications Department and the ambassadors, training and managing the team, conducting regular check-ins and offering expert advice in order to best tell the CBU narrative on major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat).
The CBU Road Squad is a summer community engagement initiative that will be entering its fourth year in 2019. The Marketing & Communications Project Coordinator will work to gather data on and assess the 2018 CBU Road Squad
initiative and build a strategic plan and tactics for the summer of 2019, including, but not limited to: the hiring process, Road Squad (re)branding, the #CBUStaycation contest and an overall communications plan for the initiative.
The successful candidate will report to and be mentored by the Marketing Manager while also receiving support from the Communications Manager and will work physically from within the Marketing & Communications Department in a cubicle setting.
• Self-directed / motivated; can work independently
• Strong leadership skills
• A pre-existing knowledge of and interest in social media for business
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Preference will be given to upper-year students
• Marketing / Communication majors are considered an asset
- Stay up-to-date on best practices in social media by continually doing research
- Create strategic content for CBU’s official social media channels; both written and visual
- Oversee Social Media Ambassadors’ projects and offer guidance when necessary
- Critically assess the 2018 CBU Road Squad initiative by gathering data, analytics and narratives
- Develop a strategic plan for the 2019 CBU Road Squad
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
- Ability to conduct marketing & communications research and apply best practices
- Project management and leadership skills
- Strategic social media management skills
- Develop a comfort level with social media monitoring and publishing tools
- Build writing skills for social media, web and strategic documents
- Know-how to develop marketing & communications plans
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 14th, 2018.