Title: Let’s Talk Science Outreach Site Coordinator
As a Let’s Talk Science Outreach Site Coordinator you will work with a faculty advisor to recruit, support, and manage volunteers and educators. The job involves maintaining strong communication with teachers, volunteers, other Site Coordinators across Canada, Let’s Talk Science National Office and local program supporters. As a Site Coordinator you are well supported by the faculty advisor at CBU and the Let’s Talk Science National Office.
Students from any academic background can apply; however, those in a science, technology or education program are strongly encouraged to apply. We are looking for students who can demonstrate:
- The ability to work independently but are also good working with a team
- Project Management and Leadership Skills
- Strong Organizational and Public Speaking Skills
- Enthusiasm working with youth from grades primary to 12 and a passion for science outreach/education
The Coordinator will be assigned tasks including but not limited to:
- Recruiting and training new student volunteers.
- Support volunteers by helping to plan activities, organizing activity kits, and making travel arrangements
- Maintain up-to-date records of activities carried out and evaluations received on the Let’s Talk Science portal
- Track finances and maintain an up-to-date budget on the Let’s Talk Science portal
- Acquire additional funding from within the university and local community as needed
- Social media promotions
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop business, leadership and communication skills applicable to any field or career choice
- Gain fundraising and budgetary skills transferable to everything from everyday life, to small business entrepreneurship, to grant fund management
- Gain experience in delivering and developing science educational modules for the classroom setting and for public events
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 14th, 2018.