Job Title: JOHSC Assistant (Joint Occupational Health and Safety)
Department: Human Resources: Occupational Health and Safety and Safety.
Supervisors: Helen Mersereau, Denise Campbell, and Bette Yetman
Job Description: Under the direction of the Safety Officer and Security Manager, the JOHSC Assistant will conduct workplace inspections, conduct training sessions on prevention of workplace violence, WHMIS and emergency procedures, inspect first aid kits and support the work of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- A background in Public Health or Environmental Engineering.
- Public speaking skills, able to do presentations to groups.
- Must be available to work up to December 15th.
- Revise policies and procedures
- Conduct workplace inspections
- Do follow up from spring/summer inspections
- Conduct training sessions on WHMIS for laboratory staff
- Engage employees in discussions to promote safety
- Inspect first aid kits
- Conduct training sessions on prevention of workplace violence
- Attend JOHSC meetings (if this fits with the student’s class schedule)
- Post signs, and other tasks related to OHS and Security.
Start Date: September 2017
End Date: April 2018
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/