Brief Job Description:
Athletics and Student Life Services encompasses the Field House & CBHRC Dome Athletic Facilities, varsity athletics, intramurals and clubs. Reporting to the Coordinator of Varsity Athletics & Recreation, The Game Day Marketing and Promotions is responsible for assisting with the coordination of Cape Breton Capers Marketing and Promotions programs and initiatives; playing an active role in building awareness and excitement for the Capers Varsity Athletics teams. The assistant will assist in the development and implementation of live event promotions in support of Cape Breton Capers ticket sales and marketing. Additionally, the candidate will contribute to the development and management of Capers games and events with a goal of creating a unique, entertaining and fan-friendly event experience.
Students from any academic background are encouraged to apply. A strong knowledge of marketing and sporting events is recommended.
- Interest in gaining knowledge of promotions and special event coordination
- Highly organized with excellent administrative and time management skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high pressure environment
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact professionally with internal and external clients at all levels within an organization
- Committed to ensuring superior customer service and supporting the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Twitter, Instagram & Facebook
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Candidate must demonstrate strong creative and problem solving skills
- Assist in the development and promotion of live Capers events to create excitement around the programs, ultimately increasing the profile and positive association of the Capers brand.
- Assist in implementing all necessary details before, during and after media promotion (i.e.: coordinate prizing, game night/event elements, contest rules and regulations, winner redemption, poster put-up and take-down, and coordination and other elements as required).
- Receive and reply to internal and external promotional inquiries on gocapersgo.ca
- Maintain Capers collateral and promotional inventory
- Assist with on-site contests and special events; including regional marketing efforts.
- Assists with any appearance requests for the mascot.
- Other related duties as required
- Assist in the development and coordination of all in-game elements including, but not limited to, talent bookings, acts for halftimes, in-game promotions, pre and post game activities, anthems, mascot, dance team, game staff etc.
- Is involved with the creation and development of in-game and in-arena entertainment including on-court promotions, fan interactive elements, mascot skits etc.
- Other related duties as required
Hours: Part-time, hours TBD
- Social Media Account Management
- Staff Management
- Recording Data
- Stakeholder Communication
- Marketing and Promotion Skills
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 21, 2018.