Interest in environmental research and an enthusiastic and hard-working attitude are the only prerequisites, although students in a relevant academic programmes or having relevant experience would be preferred.
- Assist with oyster maintenance and research under guidance of faculty and Clean Foundation technician (husbandry, water quality measurements, measuring lengths and weights, data entry; assist with biochemical analyses, collect samples for PCR/histology, assist with PCR/histological procedures).
- When possible, help collect samples in the field, and ensure laboratory cleanliness.
- Data entry, tank cleaning, feeding organisms as needed, willing to infrequently work weekends and nights if required.
- Collection of field specimens is optional if need and time permit. All field gear and training will be provided.
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
- Husbandry skills
- PCR skills
- Data analysis and basic statistical skills
- Mechanical skills (helping assemble research apparatus as required)
- Field Skills (as opportunities arise)
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. To determine eligibility and to complete an application, go to:
If eligible, send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study